Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Buzzards Alley

Waiting for Shuttle Bus from Frisco to Copper Mountain



Today was my last day in January with the Copper Mountain Over the Hill Gang. Gonna really really miss this group. Today we had Caroline for our guide/instructor and she really pushed the envelope. Usually for the first run you warm up on something groomed and not too tough. Not today. We went up two chair lifts and headed over to he T Bar surface lift that hauls you up to the very top and skied untracked fresh powder. Did this twice before clouds closed in and visibility disappeared.

I've been to Copper quite a few times over the years. On my first visit and every other visit, while skiing a big meadow near mountain top, I would gaze up at this huge peak and be in awe of others that could ski this. Well check this off my life to do list. Today I skied the Double Black Diamond Buzzards Alley! Steep and deep and a long way down. Glad I didn't crash. Interesting that we were going back up to do some back country runs but a snow squall came in quickly and kept us a lower elevations.


I'm gonna really miss my Over The Hill Buddies!

End of Day

Fancy Fire Pit









No comments:

Post a Comment